It’s easy to associate the word “natural” with the image of clean, fresh, makeup-free faces. Many women out there (including myself) wish we felt comfortable enough donning our sincere, natural looks, but this isn’t always the case. I do think makeup is an art form, but I prefer a minimalist approach for my day-to-day regimen. There’s a time and place for full-on makeup, think special celebrations or particular occasions like birthdays, nights out, and other parties. But if you ask me, women look best when they know how to look natural with just a few products. Liquid foundation melting off your face in sticky clumps is never an attractive sight. Not for anyone.
Below are six essentials included in my daily makeup regimen. I use them in the order listed below. After reading the descriptions, you may think, “Wow, those are all really expensive.” I’ve used basic brands found at Target or Wal-Mart before. While they look decent as you’re applying them, I’ve noticed they only last a maximum of 2 hours. The kicker with the beauty products below is that they last all day long. 24 hours is a long time, and that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Since you don’t have to reapply, you end up using less, which in my mind justifies the cost.
1. Too Faced’s Primed & Poreless Face Primer is incredible. It’s silky smooth and feels light and feathery on your face. You don’t need to use much, so the bottle lasts for quite some time. It’s the perfect way to even out your skin tone, minimize your pores, and gives the appearance of flawless skin alone. Cha-ching. [Buy at Sephora for $30.00]
2. Bobbi Brown’s Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 is one of the best foundation-like products I’ve ever used. It’s better than any liquid foundation or BB cream I’ve tried thus far. Since it’s oil free, it leaves your skin looking dewy but not oily, and reflects a perfect bronzed look without using bronzer. The SPF content is awesome as well- heavy protection with the appearance of light coverage. This is a must-have in my book. [Buy at Sephora for $42.00]
3. MAC’s Studio Fix Pressed Powder is one I’ve been using for over 5 years. I just can’t seem to find anything that beats the quality or overall wear-time of this powder. You only have to use a little, so the higher price tag is worth it since the compact will be with you for months on end. [Buy at MAC for $27.00]
4. Too Faced’s Brow Envy Kit is to die for. It even comes with stencils to help you shape your brows if you’re going for a different look. I never leave the house without filling in my brows. My Secret: The fuller the brows, the less eye makeup needed. You’re welcome. [Buy at Sephora for $35.00]
5. Too Faced’s Size Queen Mascara is hard to beat. The huge brush makes it easy to apply, but the smaller bristles in between grab those stubborn little lashes. I’ve branched out and used other mascaras, but keep coming back to this one. [Buy at Sephora for $21.00]
6. Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick #38 in Satin Coral is a newer purchase, but I’m already loving it. This lipstick goes on smooth and has long-lasting wear. They have plenty of colors to choose from, but this one is smack dab in the middle between pink and coral. Perfection. [Buy at Sephora for $19.00]