I’ve been confronted with a wonderful opportunity from two of my fellow bloggers. They have nominated me to receive the Liebster Blog Award. I feel honored and privileged to have been chosen and can’t wait to choose my nominees. May I just say that the support from the IFB community is outstanding!
So what is this award? The Liebster Award is meant to recognize the work done by upcoming bloggers and show support within the blogging community.
How does it work? When you have been nominated, you have 11 questions to answer. Answer them, then create 11 questions and nominate 11 other bloggers that you think need some recognition for their work!
Because I was nominated twice, I would like to answer both sets of questions. Please take some time to check out the blogs of those who nominated me, “Sweet With Envy” Be Inspired and Taticeballos. Thanks again, ladies! I truly appreciate it.
- I started this blog about 2 1/2 years ago after I graduated from college. I was feeling anxious about graduation, life after college, and what would come next. I started reading and compiling articles and realized that this information could not only help me, but others in a similar situation as well.
- I absolutely love high heels. I work in a corporate office, so I’m constantly having to dress the part. When I’m not in heels, you’ll find me in Nike gear, especially their Lunarfly running shoes. I’m a fitness fanatic, so when I’m not working I’m either in the gym, going for a bike ride, or at a bikram yoga class.
- I have a lot of favorite designers. Alice & Olivia, Elizabeth & James, Paper Crown, Phillip Lim, and Sam Edelman all top my list. However, my absolute favorite designer right now is Tory Burch. I love every collection she showcases, from the purses to the jewelry to the shoes. Her style is so simple, yet it’s elegant and crisp. Her collections stand out in a way that differs from most in the industry.
- My favorite magazine is FitnessRx. I always find what I’m looking for and it’s not bogged down with ads like most magazines these days. They always feature new work-outs that are perfect when I feel like I’m doing the same mundane routine!
- Simply put, I want to inspire. I want to act as a beacon of hope, inspiration, and motivation. Good things happen to people everyday, and I feel very fortunate to be able to share my wonderful journey along the way.
- Yes, I used to volunteer all the time. My most recent volunteer activity was “Rebuilding Together”, an event where we rebuilt run-down houses in the Houston community. I was also an active member in Junior Achievement, a program designed for working professionals to go to schools and teach children important lessons learned from the corporate world. I haven’t volunteered much lately, but I plan to be more active in 2013.
- A dance lesson like tango or salsa? No. But I did dance for many years when I was little as well as throughout high school. It’s definitely one of my favorite past times. I miss it greatly.
9. How often do you post on your blog?
- I try to post everyday. If I miss a day, I always try to catch up. We’re all human and we’re all busy, but I do my best to stay on top of it!
- Yes, I love shopping online. Lately, I’ve been too lazy to drive to the mall and park knowing that I have to deal with crazy herds of holiday shoppers. Surprisingly, I’ve never ordered a “wrong size”. I think that’s because I know my body type and what will look good, as well as what won’t.
- I love Urban Outfitters. I always seem to enter the store with one thing in mind and end up walking out with multiple bags. Not to mention, their shoes are to die for.
1. Why did you start your blog?
- Same as #1 above
2. How did you decide your blog’s name?
- I wanted to choose a name that would be different and unique. I found myself asking, “Now what?” quite often my senior year, so “College Graduate, Now What?” seemed to fit just right.
3. Which of the four seasons do you look forward to the most?
- Winter. I absolutely love cold weather and everything that comes with it- building snowmen, making snow angels, skiing & snowboarding. And my favorite holiday is Christmas, so it all works out!
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- People who pretend to be someone they’re not. It sounds very cliche, I know. When you make poor choices in the past, it’s extremely hard to make up for them in the present. Own up to your poor choices. Admit your mistakes, learn from them, don’t repeat them, and move on.
5. What is your favorite item in your closet?
- My Tory Burch riding boots. I love them. A lot.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- London. Hands down. The location, the culture, the atmosphere. It is perfection.
7. What is your secret indulgence?
- Kolaches. My mom, sister, and I always make these cookie-like treats around the holidays. They’re filled with apricot jelly and they’re absolutely delicious.
8. Your least favorite color?
- Army green. I just don’t think it looks good on anyone.
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
- A writer. Still a dream in progress
10. Who takes the photos for your blog?
- Yours truly.
11. What is your favorite quote?
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
Now for my 11 questions:
1. What is the purpose of your blog?
2. What is your favorite past time?
3. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
4. If today was your last day, what would you do?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. What is your favorite holiday and why?
7. What is your dream job?
8. If you could take back one thing in your life, what would it be?
9. Share a pearl of wisdom or piece of advice that has benefited you.
10. If you could turn back time, where would you go?
11. How do you hope to be remembered?
And my 11 nominees: